1. Glad you stopped in for a visit!

Please feel free to peruse around and if you have a minute make sure to sign up for an account! We're one of the largest, most active, and helpful communities you'll find for learning about mTurk & registered accounts automatically get access to tons of useful features on the site.

Features for members include:

• The ability to post messages - our community is incredibly helpful & happy to welcome newcomers who are looking to learn the ropes!
    • Live thread update - no need to refresh pages to see new posts/HITs they flow onto the page automatically as they're posted.
    • Desktop alerts - direct PANDAs from exported HITs right on your desktop
    • Access to the full list of HITs exported through the Daily HIT Log
    • TurkerView account which will grant you extra access to HIT review information all across mTurk through TVJS

But most importantly you'll be joining an amazing community. You'll find all types here, from stay-at-home Moms to IT pros. We're a great group - feel free to join us!

A little late

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by macotg, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macotg

macotg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -2
    Well by now most of the regulars have encountered me in the daily threads. But I am still new to TH.

I have been turking since the end of July, though spent most of the time until near end of August on research and getting accustomed to what kind of schedule I wanted. And I was doing pretty good for myself...

Until the morning of Oct 26th. I dislocated my shoulder in my sleep. I was in a sling until early December with my turking substantially limited. I am now somewhere between 70-80% and gearing back up on the turking.

As those who have encountered me can tell, I love to talk, mainly because I am alone most of the time when my wife is at work. I love anime and wrestling. Yes I realize it is "scripted" you don't need to tell me, I have known for over 20 years...

Bleh, this kinda explains why I am lonely, I suck at first impressions... though to most this will not be mine anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  2. RicanGuy86

RicanGuy86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,329 / 3 / -1
    LOL

Glad you're feeling much better. And if you're ever lonely, call up the wife, or just hang around here!

3. macotg

macotg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,727 / 2 / -2
    Wife works at a job where she cannot talk or even have her cell on her. And yeah, sometimes my boredom or loneliness is what keeps me on TH when I could be doing other things :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.