1. Glad you stopped in for a visit!

Please feel free to peruse around and if you have a minute make sure to sign up for an account! We're one of the largest, most active, and helpful communities you'll find for learning about mTurk & registered accounts automatically get access to tons of useful features on the site.

Features for members include:

• The ability to post messages - our community is incredibly helpful & happy to welcome newcomers who are looking to learn the ropes!
    • Live thread update - no need to refresh pages to see new posts/HITs they flow onto the page automatically as they're posted.
    • Desktop alerts - direct PANDAs from exported HITs right on your desktop
    • Access to the full list of HITs exported through the Daily HIT Log
    • TurkerView account which will grant you extra access to HIT review information all across mTurk through TVJS

But most importantly you'll be joining an amazing community. You'll find all types here, from stay-at-home Moms to IT pros. We're a great group - feel free to join us!

First smoke of 2018 detected!

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Robert, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Tripsa

Tripsa What-A-Mod

Ratings:
    +19,507 / 17 / -0
    Are five hits going out at the same time? Caught a couple of hits within the pass hour but i'm not seeing more than one making it to the worker site.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Moderator (⌐■_■)

Ratings:
    +9,408 / 3 / -0
    I think the problem is that the hit expires on MTurk at the same time the timer expires so people catch them and they expire in their queue and are not returned to other people who are PANDAing the hit. So that might be the issue :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. I think we are going to increase expiry to 10 minutes but decrease the time limit to 4 minutes. We'll see if this helps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful / Informative Useful / Informative x 1
  4. rater9

rater9 Survey Slinger

Ratings:
    +3,102 / 4 / -0
    I have been having issues catching the hits. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  5. Robert

Robert Hummingbird Watch

Ratings:
    +309 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. We increased the number of available tasks per HIT to 12. Participation went way up.

• Love Love x 1
  6. That Chick with the Hair

That Chick with the Hair Turker

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see some sample photos with the bounding box around the smoke. You offer work I feel great about doing and I really want to do my best but I look at that "first smoke of the year" and I feel like what I thought was smoke wasn't. I don't even see smoke! I realize you said that's okay to submit a false positive but I'd rather be more help than just send something wrong you have to weed through to get to the real smoke. :)