1. Glad you stopped in for a visit!

Please feel free to peruse around and if you have a minute make sure to sign up for an account! We're one of the largest, most active, and helpful communities you'll find for learning about mTurk & registered accounts automatically get access to tons of useful features on the site.

Features for members include:

• The ability to post messages - our community is incredibly helpful & happy to welcome newcomers who are looking to learn the ropes!
    • Live thread update - no need to refresh pages to see new posts/HITs they flow onto the page automatically as they're posted.
    • Desktop alerts - direct PANDAs from exported HITs right on your desktop
    • Access to the full list of HITs exported through the Daily HIT Log
    • TurkerView account which will grant you extra access to HIT review information all across mTurk through TVJS

But most importantly you'll be joining an amazing community. You'll find all types here, from stay-at-home Moms to IT pros. We're a great group - feel free to join us!

HIT "Decision-making game..." that had server timeouts on Friday

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by Sarah Jacobson, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Sarah Jacobson

Sarah Jacobson New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have been running a study through mTurk with a task called "Decision-making game; up to 10-20 minutes long". One set of HITs I posted on Friday had terrible delays with the servers so some participants had extreme timeouts and in some cases weren't able to submit the HIT. I would like to make it right and compensate you for your time, but unfortunately, I can't contact workers through mTurk if they didn't submit my HIT.

So if you're a worker that this happened to, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please email me directly at saj2@williams.edu with your mTurk worker ID, and I'll do my best to make it right.

Best regards,

-Sarah

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  2. A6_Foul_Out

A6_Foul_Out Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5,416 / 6 / -0
    @Sarah Jacobson

I would remove your email and type it out in spaces so it can't be picked up by those who aren't supposed to have it.

• Useful / Informative Useful / Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. Sarah Jacobson

Sarah Jacobson New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the suggestion; but like other professors my email address is easy to find on the internet so I didn't see any need to make it harder for people here!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Randomacts

Randomacts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83,378 / 197 / -6
    It is more of an anti bot thing but :dunno: that email is fairly public so I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make.

• Like Like x 1