1. Glad you stopped in for a visit!

Please feel free to peruse around and if you have a minute make sure to sign up for an account! We're one of the largest, most active, and helpful communities you'll find for learning about mTurk & registered accounts automatically get access to tons of useful features on the site.

Features for members include:

• The ability to post messages - our community is incredibly helpful & happy to welcome newcomers who are looking to learn the ropes!
    • Live thread update - no need to refresh pages to see new posts/HITs they flow onto the page automatically as they're posted.
    • Desktop alerts - direct PANDAs from exported HITs right on your desktop
    • Access to the full list of HITs exported through the Daily HIT Log
    • TurkerView account which will grant you extra access to HIT review information all across mTurk through TVJS

But most importantly you'll be joining an amazing community. You'll find all types here, from stay-at-home Moms to IT pros. We're a great group - feel free to join us!

[Script] Panda Crazy Add-On for Overwatch

Discussion in 'mTurk Scripts & Resources' started by ceedj, Dec 9, 2017.

1. ceedj

ceedj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,147 / 3 / -0
    [​IMG]

This small add-on to Overwatch adds PandaCrazy buttons on each new HIT. Code is only five lines, but it's critical to ensure the code goes into Overwatch at the right spot.

Some notes: Both PandaCrazy and Overwatch must be on Worker (this won't matter in a few days, as everything will be on worker), and make sure you have the Worker version of Overwatch installed. If you use the following addresses to access PC and OW:

Overwatch: https://worker.mturk.com/overwatch
    PandaCrazy: https://worker.mturk.com/?filters[search_term]=pandacrazy=on
    EDIT: More recent PC link: https://worker.mturk.com/requesters/PandaCrazy/projects

Then you should be fine. Please note that if Overwatch updates, you will need to add this again to Overwatch, as this script is an add-on, and not part of the original code. Also, this add-on is placed inside the Overwatch script, and communicates with PandaCrazy (I send the GID found in OW to PC), not the other way around.

Look for this line (line 405-ish in the most current version of Overwatch):

Code:
      $("#rightWindow").prepend(display_HTML);
    }

The add-on code:
    Code:
    //Panda Crazy add-on starts here:
       function PC_Panda(){localStorage.setItem("JR_message_pandacrazy", JSON.stringify({"time":(new Date().getTime()),"command":"addJob","data":{"groupId":hitObject.GID} }));}
       function PC_Once(){localStorage.setItem("JR_message_pandacrazy", JSON.stringify({"time":(new Date().getTime()),"command":"addOnceJob","data":{"groupId":hitObject.GID} }));}
       $(`div[value='${hitObject.GID}']`).append($("<button class ='text_css offSet'>").html("Once").click(PC_Once));
       $(`div[value='${hitObject.GID}']`).append($("<button class ='text_css offSet'>").html("Panda").click(PC_Panda));
       $(`div[value='${hitObject.GID}']`).append($("<span class ='text_css offSet'>").html("[PC] Add: "));

The add-on code NEEDS to go in the spot between the semi-colon ( ; ) and the right brace ( } ), so it looks like this:
    Code:
    $("#rightWindow").prepend(display_HTML);
    //Panda Crazy add-on starts here:
       function PC_Panda(){localStorage.setItem("JR_message_pandacrazy", JSON.stringify({"time":(new Date().getTime()),"command":"addJob","data":{"groupId":hitObject.GID} }));}
       function PC_Once(){localStorage.setItem("JR_message_pandacrazy", JSON.stringify({"time":(new Date().getTime()),"command":"addOnceJob","data":{"groupId":hitObject.GID} }));}
       $(`div[value='${hitObject.GID}']`).append($("<button class ='text_css offSet'>").html("Once").click(PC_Once));
       $(`div[value='${hitObject.GID}']`).append($("<button class ='text_css offSet'>").html("Panda").click(PC_Panda));
       $(`div[value='${hitObject.GID}']`).append($("<span class ='text_css offSet'>").html("[PC] Add: "));
    }

If the code winds up outside the brace, the buttons may show, but not work, so make sure your code looks like the above.

Thanks JR (PandaCrazy author), Ethraiel (author of Overwatch) and all the great testers who tried this out and found it useful. If you too find it useful and you want to donate, please use the Donate link above!

• Love Love x 8
    • Useful / Informative Useful / Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  2. ref2018

ref2018 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yay, thanks! I got it working!

This might be my first post on here, I'm not sure. I joined all the forums and I have not kept track of which ones I posted on. I go by this username on reddit too.

Have a pleasant day!

• Love Love x 1
  3. Dr McCoy

Dr McCoy Active Member

Ratings:
    +823 / 0 / -0
    I love you, man. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HarryHood

HarryHood Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,166 / 2 / -4
    Dude, thank you so much for this add on! This really speeds up my workflow.

• Like Like x 1
  5. knottypiper

knottypiper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12,488 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

This is amazing! Thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. klyde

klyde Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    Edited: nvm

7. BurtTurker

BurtTurker New Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    brilliant, thank you.

8. klyde

klyde Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    Edited: nvm

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  9. ceedj

ceedj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,147 / 3 / -0
    From what I can tell, there has been no upgrade for OW in 58 days. In any case, where it goes hasn't changed, per the first post.

10. klyde

klyde Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, no idea what I was looking at. Just checked again and right there it was.

11. ScooterPie

ScooterPie Active Member

Ratings:
    +327 / 0 / -0
    Awesome! THANK YOU! :)

12. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower Active Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 8 / -0
    For some reason this doesn't work? It creates the task in Panda crazy but it doesn't want to search for it. It searches once and then stops and turns purple. Have I done something wrong?

13. lefty

lefty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42,475 / 22 / -0
    When a link goes purple in Panda crazy it's because you're not qualified

• Useful / Informative Useful / Informative x 1
  14. SunlitSunflower

SunlitSunflower Active Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 8 / -0
    Oh god, I look dumb. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1