The all-purpose UNU thread...

Discussion in 'Requesters' started by MyLegIsFine, Feb 9, 2017.

1. MyLegIsFine

MyLegIsFine Active Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    Hey all, this is GammyLeg from UNU. We've hopefully crossed paths on UNU in the past...or hopefully will soon in the future! There are a couple of us lurking about here, so we'll try to use this thread to keep you all posted on UNU stuff we're working on or have coming up.

I can't promise we'll reopen the EPL qual soon, but look for us to have some things coming with other sports through the rest of winter. Like last year, we'll also be doing some swarms around the big awards shows coming up.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 3
  2. leafs4_cup

leafs4_cup Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,435 / 4 / -1
    I keep meaning to ask you...is gammy leg a reference to Dr. Strangelove, Monty Python, or something else?

3. MyLegIsFine

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    It's a Monty Python thing. I'd been using throwaway phrases as usernames to test, and we got to the end of that test....and I was sorta stuck with "GammyLeg". ;) Ah well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MyLegIsFine

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    So for the Grammy HIT we published earlier tonight:

1. That swarm is at 11 am ET. I'll put a reminder in the HIT thread tomorrow when we're close.
    2. We really would love it if you'd do a little snooping around on this one. You can go listen to songs if you want, but even better, look to see what some of the music media are predicting for some of those big awards.
    3. And that's why we're offering a decent bonus for this. It's totally winnable, perhaps, if you're already knowledgeable, or can bring some new knowledge to our swarm tomorrow.

Good luck!

5. MyLegIsFine

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    All bonuses from the Oscars and Daytona 500 should be paid out. Congratulations to the winners!

(BTW, one correct answer threshold out of 16 got you in the money with one Oscars swarm, but not in another...)

Overall, our Oscars Swarms were great! If Denzel had won instead of Casey Affleck (definitely the closest survey vote we saw), it would have made it a little better. In any event though, thanks so much for your help on that project everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  6. MyLegIsFine

Ratings:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    OK folks, tomorrow is the start of one of the biggest projects we've ever done at Unanimous AI--and it's all March Madness related!

Sometime tomorrow night after Selection Sunday, we'll post a $2.00 HIT. It will contain instructions for joining a special Unanimous AI bracket contest. That's right, we're going to pay you to do a bracket and compete with a bunch of other folks! We're also going to pay out yuuuuuge bonuses for the winner as well as second and third place. Like, bigger bonuses than we paid for the Super Bowl.

The process of signing up for a bracket is really pretty simple, but we've put in step by step directions for doing it, just to be sure. The most important parts of it are this:

Write down whatever USERNAME and PASSWORD you use to sign up with. Since we REALLY DO NOT want ANY personal information, you're going to use a string of nonsense characters for your email and won't get a confirmation reminder with that username and password. So...write it down, because YOU WILL NEED IT!

Second, make SURE your bracket's name is your Mechanical Turk Worker ID. If we can match a bracket to your submitted HIT, we can't pay you or make you eligible for the bonuses.

I will be around all night tomorrow and all day Monday if you have any problems. Don't panic, we'll sort it out and get you in on the fun! Post any questions you have in this thread, or PM me here. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Finally, this is separate from any bracket pick swarms we'll run next week. This is just you picking a bracket as a HIT and hopefully making some serious bank for doing that!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017