Update on The Lady Amanda™

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ceedj, Mar 13, 2017.

1. ceedj

ceedj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 1 / -0
    This will only pertain to people who know of my fiance, who I refer to online as The Lady Amanda™.

So it's been a rough few months for us, specifically for Amanda. Got really sick Christmas Eve, to the point that I had to cancel all Christmas day plans, while we were in the hospital. Two days later her friend passed from brain cancer, so she was sick on and off for a couple of weeks after that. January was mostly uneventful, save for some fraudulent charges on her bank card that have since been reversed. In February, she gets word that her biological father was dying, so she goes to Syracuse for two weeks, not so much for her, since she wasn't really close with her father anyway, but more for her sister, since she WAS really close. She finally comes back, but isn't quite herself for the next week or so. I chalk it up to a fairly non-stop roller coaster, and she really just needed some rest.

As an aside, in the middle of all of this, our youngest (as I've mentioned several times before) has Asperger's Syndrome, and while he's finally at a better school (all the leadup to this was documented at MTG), they're giving us a hard time about his attendance, which is a problem, but with everything going on, we have to pick our battles in that area.

The dam must've finally broke, because she had two small strokes almost two weeks ago. That is some pretty scary shit right there, had to call an ambulance. Fortunately it appears to be not too serious, but the weird part is that she had two strokes in the left side of her brain, that affected the left side of her body - typically, it affects the opposite side of the stroke, which we are just finding out today after the doctor's follow up. She's doing better, but still pretty weak.

In the middle of all of this, I'm basically running the house by myself, while trying to take care of her and the kids, and trying to fit the Turk work in between. Not trying to create a pity party, although part of me feels it would be somewhat deserved. Just asking for my friends at work (you guys) to send some positive vibes her way, so that we can all (my household) get through this and move on.

So if I'm not posting a ton or being as helpful as I could be, this is why. I think I just needed to get this down on (e)paper. Thanks for reading. :)

• Love Love x 9
  2. slothbear

slothbear Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,415 / 3 / -2
    I put love, but I don't love what happened. Just sending some of that 'upvote' your way. Hang in there!

• Love Love x 1
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  3. GreenMachine842

GreenMachine842 Active Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 1 / -0
    Very sorry to hear this. I hope things can get better quickly for you both. Sending positive vibes your way. Let me know if you need to talk or anything. I'm always free to lend an ear.

• Love Love x 1
  4. Melting Glacier

Melting Glacier PE: $30.01 - That's over $1.25/hour! ┬┴┤( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴

Ratings:
    +2,709 / 1 / -0
    Oh, fam. :hug: This hits especially close to home because I lived in Syracuse for some 28, 29 years (I'm up in Fulton now, so like 20 mins away). That's a whole load of awful events in a row, props to you for making it through and keeping a great attitude about it. Couldn't even tell anything was up with you. Nothing but positive vibes and love for you and your family, my man. [​IMG]

Oh, and my daughter loves your puppers! [​IMG]

• Love Love x 2
  5. Celtic Lady

Celtic Lady Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +943 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to hear all of this has been happening. I hope her health gets better real soon. You've done a fantastic job of taking care of your family during this time. :hug:

• Love Love x 1
  6. jessers

jessers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,898 / 1 / -6
    You're doing awesome. It's definitely a good idea pick your battles -- only your family knows what's best for your family, even if it doesn't live up to some arbitrary code. Almost everything can always be made up later when the dust on the most important issues settles. Hang in there. <3

• Love Love x 1
  7. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +745 / 1 / -9
    I'm sorry. That is a lot on your plate right now. I hope your fiance makes a quick recovery.

• Love Love x 1
  8. RicanGuy86

RicanGuy86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,405 / 1 / -1
    Stay strong @ceedj – your struggles are our struggles. We're all rooting for your fiancé and are wishing her a speedy, responsible, recovery. Sending all my positive thoughts to you and yours.

• Love Love x 1
  9. ceedj

ceedj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 1 / -0
    Thank you all for the kind words and support. Things are slowly getting better, we really appreciate the well wishes. :)

• Love Love x 4
  10. GreenMachine842

Ratings:
    +312 / 1 / -0
    Glad to hear it. I was wondering how things were going. Keep on going!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts!!!

• Love Love x 1
  11. ceedj

ceedj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,034 / 1 / -0
    So I mentioned in the daily thread last night that Amanda had another stroke Sunday night/Monday morning. Was more serious this time, and she has spent the last two days in the ICU. Just got back from seeing her today, and she's doing better, though still having issues with her left hand and the left side of her face. She has some more tests tomorrow, but mentioned that they may be moving her to a regular room as well. So that's good. There will be some rehab involved this time, but I'm thankful that she's doing better and on the road to recovery. My thanks again to this awesome group of people here, as it helps a whole bunch having your support. Will update again tomorrow once I find out more! :ba:

12. GreenMachine842

Ratings:
    +312 / 1 / -0
    That is such a bummer. You certainly seem to be quite strong and rolling with the punches. I wish there was more to do than give words of encouragement and keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Hang tough!

• Love Love x 1