1. Glad you stopped in for a visit!

Please feel free to peruse around and if you have a minute make sure to sign up for an account! We're one of the largest, most active, and helpful communities you'll find for learning about mTurk & registered accounts automatically get access to tons of useful features on the site.

Features for members include:

• The ability to post messages - our community is incredibly helpful & happy to welcome newcomers who are looking to learn the ropes!
    • Live thread update - no need to refresh pages to see new posts/HITs they flow onto the page automatically as they're posted.
    • Desktop alerts - direct PANDAs from exported HITs right on your desktop
    • Access to the full list of HITs exported through the Daily HIT Log
    • TurkerView account which will grant you extra access to HIT review information all across mTurk through TVJS

But most importantly you'll be joining an amazing community. You'll find all types here, from stay-at-home Moms to IT pros. We're a great group - feel free to join us!

What's up?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Triadic, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Triadic

Triadic New Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Hey, guys and gals. Figured I'd make a quick first post. Pretty caffeinated right now so I apologize for the word count. Lol. Just got started last week. Ran into @Randomacts on r/mturk and he pointed me here (thanks again!)

I've been turking on my phone () while waiting on a replacement laptop charger to come in, and I've been digesting all of the info I can so that I can hopefully just hit the ground running.

I plan to be in this for the long-haul. An income generated from home is a top priority, I'm glad to have found out about this. I live very cheaply and could easily manage bills with $200-300/week, and from what I'm seeing that's definitely doable. At 300 approved now, trying to hit 1000 before thinking too much about the money.

I'm generally a self-teacher, so it's likely I won't post often. Any question I'll have has already been answered I'm sure. But I look forward to learning from all of you!

Peace ✌

• Like Like x 3
  2. Randomacts

Randomacts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90,413 / 204 / -6
    I'm glad to see that you have made your way over here :)

Anyways I'm not sure if I mentioned it but improving your workflow / using scripts honestly matters more than any # of hits. The thing that having a lot of hits helps with is dealing with rejects that will happen eventually. Getting to 1k hits is a good goal however as Customer Interest penny hits are great for building numbers and most of the batches require > 1k hits.

Oh and I my as well ask but you are using a script to panda (panda crazy) and to scraper (hit forker or hit finder) right? I may have mentioned it when talking to you previously but honestly I can't remember exactly without going back and checking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Buntastic

Buntastic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7,079 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  4. WimpLo

WimpLo ...

Ratings:
    +47,948 / 18 / -1
    Welcome to the forum! :cheer:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Triadic

Triadic New Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Not yet just because I'm stuck with my phone right now, but those are first on my to-do list for when my charger comes in and I can start using my laptop. Should be here before the weekend.

And gotcha. I've been shooting for the 1000 mark really just because I can't improve my workflow until I'm using my laptop. Some of the copy/paste penny hits are really easy thanks to Android's multitasking so I've been using those to hit my daily max when I can.

I hate not having my laptop, I sit on here and read so much and can't even apply 90% of what I see yet, lol. Soon...

6. ClassicChump

ClassicChump Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,274 / 1 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NobodyImportant

NobodyImportant Active Member

Ratings:
    +538 / 0 / -0